We invite regional online media from Ukraine to participate in the Fight for Facts project to counter disinformation
The European journalism network n-ost (Berlin), Lviv Media Forum (Lviv) and the Institute of Mass Information (Kyiv) invite regional media from all over Ukraine to participate in the long-term project Fight for Facts.
The goal of the project is to comprehensively support 16 regional newsrooms in their fight against disinformation and propaganda. The project will run from December 2023 to April 2027.
The program will include events and trainings on topics ranging from creating quality content and promoting it to media management and financial independence, including:
- trainings on countering disinformation and propaganda, fact-checking and investigations;
- practical workshops in Lviv, including on management and financial literacy for the media;
- offline schools where journalists from regional media will work on materials under the mentorship of editors from national publications;
- mini-grants for the creation and promotion of materials;
- individual consultations;
- webinars on journalistic standards and editorial policies, as well as other events of the participants' choice;
- English language courses.
We are looking for newsrooms that have already proven themselves as quality media in their regions and see participation in the project as an investment in their own development. We expect teams, including editors, managers, and financial directors, to participate in the project rather than individual journalists.
The first meeting of the selected teams will take place on December 7-8 in Lviv.
If you want to participate in the project, please fill out the application form by November 15, 2023. We recommend that a media manager or editor applies on behalf of the team.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask the project co-coordinator Alyona Vyshnytska via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fight for Facts project is implemented with the financial support of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development.