Media Emergency Fund
A financial support program for regional media to help them survive a period of economic downturn through the coronavirus pandemic.
The Foundation will pay for the production of cycles of 4-8 journalistic materials in the field of Solutions journalism, aimed at increasing public solidarity and activity.
Genres / Formats: reporting, analytical text, podcasts, video story, Interviews, multimedia story, and more.
The thematic focus of the materials:
– success stories of community initiatives and associations in the fight against the pandemic;
– stories of local communities solidarity;
– stories about small entrepreneurs who have been able to reorganize themselves in extreme conditions and secure the work of their employees;
– practical economists advice on how to deal with business in crisis and stagnation caused by a pandemic;
– ways of overcoming psychological and social problems caused by quarantine restrictions;
– examples of constructive interaction between citizens and those who professionally perform their duties in extreme conditions (physicians, police, public transport drivers, sales representatives, government officials, etc.).
After the selection of competitive applications, 12 regional media will receive financial support:
1. The online city magazine “Kufer”, Ivano-Frankivsk;
2. “Nakipelo” Media Group, Kharkiv;
3. Website “Bilyayivka.City” and the newspaper “Visti Bilyayivky”, Odesa resion;
4. The radio station “Lvivska khvylia”, Lviv;
5. The news agency “Pershyi Kryvoriz’kyi”, Kryvyi Rih;
6. The information portal of Kirovohrad region “Gre4ka”, Kropyvnytskyi;
7. The media outlet “Come Back Alive” (savelife.in.ua) of the foundation “Come Back Alive”, Kyiv;
8. “KURS” News Agency, Ivano-Frankivsk;
9. The radio company “Zakhidnyi Polus”, Ivano-Frankivsk;
10. The resource “ZMIST”, Poltava;
11. The journal of Dripro city culture “KUST”, Dnipro;
12. “OstroV”, Donetsk.
The program is supported by the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Ukraine, Media Development Fund of the U.S. Embassy, National Endowment for Democracy (NED).
The media community – donors, NGOs, and foundations who also want to get involved in supporting the #healthymedia, is welcome to apply at email@example.com.All projects