2021 FOR LVIV MEDIAFORUM IN NUMBERS AND FACTS
Every year we choose topics to focus on during the next 12 months (or longer). In 2021 our team continued to form a media community and support journalists, as well discovered new areas such as solutions journalism and misinformation resistance.
What else did we achieve and what media we support — 14 facts in detail.
- 8 local and niche online publications received expert assistance, mentorship and financial support from Lviv MediaForum to implement innovations.
- More than 50 editorial offices and 120 journalists took part in training programs provided by Local Media Innovations.
- 3 publications received mentorship, funding and trainings on solutions journalism content creation. They published 76 materials during the April-September period of 2021.
- Following results of the «Solutions Journalism for Local Media» program Ukraines first platform dedicated to this topic was created.
- Together with 4 Ukrainian publications we created «West Ukrainian Media Network For Countering Misinformation», this project helps regional media in fighting info manipulations.
- «LMF Talks: Media Networks vs Misinformation Networks» the biggest online event about misinformation from «Lviv MediaForum» gathered 11000 views on Facebook.
- The project «Quality Media for Vulnerable Audiences» was launched. Its goal is to increase the visibility and influence of quality independent media.
In August Central-Eastern Europe got another cultural event — Lviv Media Forum:
- 35 speakers from 14 different countries came to Lviv to attend LMF 2021.
- 9 out of 10. That is how attendees, speakers and partners graded VIII Lviv Media Forum.
- 15 out of 19 media specialists from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia joined MediaCamp, as a part of Lviv Media Forum 2021 event.
More things on Lviv Media Forum ecosystem:
- 4 new books with the total number of 4500 copies were published by Choven Publishing House: «When the Facts Change: Essays, 1995-2010» by Tony Judt; «The scab: Spain scratches open its wounds» by Katarzyna Kobylarczyk; «Lem. Życie nie z tej ziemi» (Eng: «Lem. Living on a Different Earth») by Wojciech Orliński; «This is America, non-Hollywood Stories» by Ostap Yarysh.
- MediaLab.Online published 151 materials in cooperation with 45 authors.
- #задонейтьмедіа campaign that we started in March to support Ukrainian media was shared by more than 100 000 people.
- Our team held 272 morning briefings.
We thank our donors for their support:
Ukrainian Cultural Foundation, The International Renaissance Foundation, National Endowment for Democracy, USAID, the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Ukraine, Media Development Fund by the U. S. Embassy in Ukraine, the Federal Foreign Office of the Federal Republic of Germany, European Union in Ukraine, Internews Network, International Visegrad Fund, British Embassy Kyiv.
We are sure that 2022 will be even more productive! Take care and keep your media healthy.