How Was 2020 For Lviv Media Forum?
In March, when everything was stopping, we were getting faster. Having canceled LMF 2020, we focused on supporting the media community and implemented 13 projects:
- 52 newsrooms have received mentor and financial support that enabled their development during the pandemic;
- 318 pieces of content were financed within Media Emergency Fund project;
- 7 regional newsrooms have received mentor and expert support as well as were awarded UAH 100 000 each for implementation of innovations due to Local Media Innovations project;
- Created useful and qualitative video content: 1 340 minutes of online broadcasting in social media, video coverage on Facebook has reached 145 468 users. The speakers of our online events represent 17 countries;
- Information campaign #thepriceoftheword (#цінаслова) done in cooperation with George Gongadze Prize has covered 500 761 users.
Our team has been continuing working on forming and supporting the community of journalists in different parts of the world, in particular:
- In October, there was Media Camp held in Lviv. 14 journalists from Belarus, Georgia, Armenia, Moldova, and Ukraine took part in the project.
- 15 facing threats journalists from Belarus, Kyrgyzstan, and Ukraine became participants of Lviv Media Forum Residence;
- We selected 67 participants out of 94 applications applied to YouTube bloggers support program. 4 participants have received mentor support and UAH 100 000 for the development of their channels;
- For the first time, we held large-scale study Communication Strategies of “Small Towns” in Ukraine with the Ukrainian Cultural Foundation’s support. We have analyzed the interactions between cultural creative communities, authorities, and local media in 12 Ukrainian towns. As a result, there are 285 pages of the report with the conclusions and recommendations. One may find the information following the link — bit.ly/doslydzennalmf_ucf
- During 6 months, 18 journalists received the possibility to consult with the psychotherapists and psychologists of Center for Mental Health and Traumatherapy Space of Hope in terms of the program Psychological Support for Journalists.
- MediaLab.Online published 144 pieces of content, having cooperated with 41 authors;
- Choven Publishing House has published 7000 copies of books. We have sent 2.5 tons of books to our readers!
- 10 people working as Lviv Media Forum team ate 77 chocolate bars to keep our energy level high;
- The pandemic hasn’t gone past us – we did 33 COVID-19 tests. Luckily all the team is well now, plus there are plenty of antibodies stocks in our bodies.
p.s. In December, we added tangerines to our chocolate diet – we are aimed at new records in 2021.
Acknowledgments to our donors for the support:
Ukrainian Cultural Foundation, The International Renaissance Foundation, National Endowment for Democracy, Embassy of the Czech Republic in Ukraine, Media Development Fund-US Embassy in Ukraine, German Federal Foreign Office, European Union in Ukraine, Internews Ukraine, Internews.
Take care of yourself and healthy media!