Centre for Ukrainian Journalists Created in Bucharest
The French media and civil society development agency CFI is setting up a centre for Ukrainian journalists in Bucharest, Romania. It is an opportunity to receive material, financial, logistical and psychosocial assistance.
The CFI team is ready to cover:
- residence of the journalists and their immediate relatives (spouse, children, parents);
- equipment grant;
- jobs to continue working;
- administrative support by establishing contacts of beneficiaries with various humanitarian and consular organizations;
- child care, if necessary;
- individual psychological support;
- fact-checking and fight against disinformation mentoring and training;
- physical and digital security training and mentoring.
Support will last one to six months and can be extended upon request.
Who can apply?
- You are a woman or a man from Ukraine, living in Ukraine or evacuated to Romania due to the war; you are in a neighbouring country and want to settle in Romania.
- You are a freelance journalist, or you work with the Ukrainian media.
- You have a project about the situation in Ukraine, and you want to develop it.
- Living in Ukraine/Romania (or neighbouring countries), you want to take a few months off to advance your project or gain new skills.
Applications deadline: June 30, 2022, 23:59 (CET).