Lviv Media Forum launches a new call for the Media Emergency Fund.
NGO Lviv Media Forum continues the Media Emergency Fund program and announces a new call for applications, which will enable both regional and national media to receive financial support. As part of this call, up to 80 materials will be funded.
What exactly will the Foundation support?
The production of cycles of 4-8 materials in solutions journalism style, aimed at increasing public solidarity and activity. The approach assumes that the materials should not only raise current social issues but also demonstrate successful examples of their solution.
Genres/Formats: reporting, analytical text, podcast, video story, interview, multimedia story, and more.
Important: Applications for news formats, columns, personal blogs will not be supported!
What are the priority topics of media materials?
– Success stories of public initiatives solving social issues;
– Stories on local communities solidarity;
– Stories about socially-oriented initiatives of enterprises and companies that have a significant impact on local communities;
– Practical cases that demonstrate effective steps to overcome the effects of the crisis on business and society;
– Ways to overcome psychological and social problems;
– Examples of constructive interaction between citizens and those who professionally perform their duties in extreme conditions (medical workers, police, public transport drivers, sales representatives, government officials, etc.).
Editors and journalists are responsible for the quality of the published materials, as well as for compliance with ethical and professional standards. The organizers reserve the right not to fund materials that violate journalistic standards if the examination confirms it.
Who can apply?
The applicant must be an independent media outlet of any organizational and legal form represented by the editor-in-chief or an authorized representative.
How much can I get?
The Fund provides a fixed fee of UAH 2,000 for the material. That is, the minimum amount of help that the editorial board can receive is 8 thousand hryvnias for a cycle of 4 and up to 16 thousand hryvnias for a series of 8 materials.
Where and how to apply?
To participate in the support program, you must fill the application form: https://bit.ly/2LuTPSH
Deadline: June 1, 2020.
The application must contain a substantive and format-based material cycle. Content creation and publishing time is up to eight weeks.
Who has already received funding?
According to the results of the first selection, 15 editions are already participating in the program:
1. The online city magazine “Kufer,” Ivano-Frankivsk;
2. “Nakipelo” Media Group, Kharkiv;
3. Website “Bilyayivka.City” and the newspaper “Visti Bilyayivky,” Odesa resion;
4. The radio station “Lvivska khvylia”, Lviv;
5. The news agency “Pershyi Kryvoriz’kyi”, Kryvyi Rih;
6. The information portal of Kirovohrad region “Gre4ka”, Kropyvnytskyi;
7. The media outlet “Come Back Alive” (savelife.in.ua) of the foundation “Come Back Alive”, Kyiv;
8. “KURS” News Agency, Ivano-Frankivsk;
9. The radio company “Zakhidnyi Polus”, Ivano-Frankivsk;
10. The resource “ZMIST”, Poltava;
11. The journal of Dripro city culture “KUST”, Dnipro;
12. “OstoV”, Donetsk.
13. Inform.zp, Zaporizhia;
14. Pervaya gorodskaya gazeta, the site “Ugorod”, Kropyvnytskyi;
15. TV7 TV channel, Mariupol.
These media can also participate in the program’s new set if they have already published at least 50% of the previous application content.
I have a question – who to contact?
Email project manager Oksana Lazarenko at: email@example.com.
The Media Emergency Fund project is funded by the Media Development Fund of the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine and the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Ukraine. The Media Community – Donors, NGOs, and foundations who want to get involved in supporting the #healthymedia can report to firstname.lastname@example.org.