LMF 2021 RELEASED THE PROGRAM OF THE BIGGEST MEDIA FORUM OF CENTRAL-EASTERN EUROPE
Three jam-packed days full of discussions and lectures from Ukrainian and foreign journalists, media experts, communication managers and digital specialists. This year’s slogan – Real journalism matters (still). Organisers chose 8 main topics for discussion:
- communities and monetisation (moderator: Andrii Ianitskyi; director of the Centre for Journalism at Kyiv School of Economics);
- generation Z media (moderator: Vitalii Moroz, head of new media at Internews Ukraine);
- storytelling (moderator: Angelina Kariakina, media manager, journalist, co-founder of the Public Interest Journalism Lab, Head of Suspilne News Department);
- narratives (moderator: Olena Removska, author of Krym.Realii, author of «Radio Liberty: Ukrainian Service History»);
- investigations (moderator: Nadiia Babynska, coordinator of the OpenUp Ukraine open data initiative);
- Belarus (moderator: Zoia Kraskovska, the LMF project monitoring coordinator, monitoring author of «Detector Media» daily news television show);
- misinformation and critical thinking (moderator: Ihor Balynskyi, media expert, co-founder of «Choven Publishing», coordinator of the Center for Communications Research and Analytics «Networks»);
- strategising (moderator: Natalia Humeniuk, journalist, author, founder and head of the Public Interest Journalism Lab).
The official forum opening will take place August 26 at 15:00. First day attendees will be welcomed by Franak Viačorka, Belarus media consultant and advisor to Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya, journalist and author Francesca Borri from Italy, Ukrainian blogger, journalist and former political prisoner Stanislav Asieiev, talk show host and the 2021 George Gongadze Prize laureate Myroslava Barchuk and many more.
Among other names in program, Konstantin von Eggert – Deutsche Welle weekly column author, David Stulík – former Press and Information Officer of the EU Delegation in Ukraine, senior analyst of European Values, one of the most influential Polish bloggers, founder of Outriders – Jakub Górnicki. For the first time the forum will be visited by Corinne Osnos from New York Magazine, William Davis from New York Times and Jennifer Crandall, independent journalist and Emmy-nominated filmmaker.
Also in program, film screening «Home Games» by Alisa Kovalenko, supported by EU Delegation in Ukraine, book presentation «The Torture Camp on Paradise Street» by Stanislav Asieiev, masterclasses and parties for networking.
The main media conference of Central-Eastern Europe Lviv Media Forum 2021 will start August 26 and will be held until August 28. This is an offline event which will take place in Lviv. Registration will be open until August 19 through the link.
For additional information contact the LMF 2021 coordinator Mariia Kravchenko: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +38 099 05 45 905.